Who can forget the scene in Bride Wars when bride Olivia can’t fit into her gown before her wedding. Her friend Emma secretly delivered several cookie bouquets from the Jolly Walrus to sabotage her. Bride weight loss is a serious issue when it comes to fitting into your expensive wedding gown before your big date. What can you do to ensure that a fit bride (and fit groom!) is standing at the other end of the altar?
- Do schedule workout time: As a bride, you likely scheduled a cake tasting, dress fitting, and hair fixing, be sure to schedule exercise. Setting up a schedule for working out (with your groom or with your wedding party) will ensure that your entire bridal party looks fabulous on the wedding day.
- Do moderate your diet: You won’t have successful bride weight loss without moderating your diet. If you are a stress eater, there is a danger that you will pack on the pounds during the stress of planning your wedding. An easy thing to do is to add foods that will fill you up. Fiber if your friend. Cauliflower, cabbage, and broccoli and good vegetable choices. Raspberries, pears, and oranges are good fruit choices. Wheat bran, rice bran, and oat bran should be one of the first ingredients in your bread. Psyllium husk is natural fiber that literally makes you feel full.
- Do stay focused: Remember what your ultimate goal is; wedding weight loss. If you keep that goal at the forefront of your mind, you won’t be tempted to skip a work out or binge eat. Imagine yourself in your beautiful gown. Imagine how horrible you will feel if that dress does not fit you as it should. This should give you the self-control you need to make it to your wedding date.
- Don’t eat a lot of sugar: Besides destroy your smile for your wedding day picture, sugar can really add to your weight. Sugar is made of fructose and glucose. Fructose gets metabolized in the liver and turned to fat. Glucose is used for energy for our bodies.
- Don’t forget to eat: Some brides to be think that starvation is the way to be a fit bride. Some diet programs tell you to eat more meals per day, rather than less. Most people know that starvation does not work. It makes your body think that you are starving and goes into starvation mode. You can’t lose weight in starvation mode. It is important to avoid blood sugar spikes because this causes you to binge eat. When you binge, more often than not you nosh on sugary foods. The best thing to do is to eat at least 6 small meals per day. The national weight loss programs like Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers advocate this approach.
- Don’t forget your partner: The best way to wedding weight loss is to include your future husband in your plans. Some experts don’t suggest you even diet; they say you should change the way that you eat. This would include the person you are going to marry. You are losing weight for him, in a way. You can change your diet to healthy for that person as well. There’s no better wedding gift than that.